Bankruptcy Education Scholarship for College Students
Every year, our firm grants a $1,000 scholarship to the Massachusetts college student who creates the best video essay that elaborates on how lawyers help our society.
Our Scholarship Aims To Accomplish Three Goals:
- Provide financial aid to a college student
- Encourage students to explore the role bankruptcy lawyers play in fighting for justice, defending consumers, helping consumers get a fresh start, and encouraging people everywhere to think about benefits of an efficient bankruptcy legal system.
- Inspire students to pursue a career in any legal field.
How To Enter for the 2019 year:
- Record a two- to four-minute video arguing why Congress should change the bankruptcy laws to allow student loans to be discharged in bankruptcy. Applicants should use plain English and speak honestly.
- Publish the video to your YouTube channel.
- Title the video Bankruptcy Law Scholarship Contest and Include this link https://www.debtfreema.com/scholarship in the description.
- Share your video on our Facebook page and on your own Facebook page.
- Send a direct message to our law office facebook page with a link to the video.
- The scholarship is only available to Massachusetts residents.
All submissions are due by December 1st, but applications are accepted year round. The winner will be chosen and notified in late December. Please note that we will change the topic every year. The winning check must be made payable to your college institution.